Adventr accepts most video files, but to get the best quality and the quickest uploads, prepare your files with our recommended settings.
We recommend preparing your video clips for upload in the same formats you might use on YouTube or Vimeo.
Here's a quick overview of recommended output settings:
- File format: .MP4 or .MOV containers are preferred
- Video Codec: H.264 preferred. See below for bitrate recommendations.
- Audio Codec: AAC-LC Stereo with at least 48khz sample rate and 256kbps bitrate
- No interlacing (i.e. use progressive scan)
- Resolution and Aspect ratio: We accept any aspect ratio (16:9, 4:3, 1:1, 9:16, etc.), but please use square pixels and do not add letter-boxing or pillar-boxing unless you need it for some reason. Please upload in HD or whatever resolution you edit in.
- Frame rate: standard frame rates like 24, 23.976, 25, 29.97, 30 fps are preferred. If you upload high frame rates (e.g. 48, 50, 60, 120, etc.), we will down-sample to 30fps.
- File size: The current maximum file size for a video upload on Adventr is 5GB, but we recommend compressing based on the bitrates below to optimize your upload time.
- 4K video: 35-45 Mbps
- 2K video: 16 Mbps
- HD 1080p: 8 Mbps
- HD 720p: 5 Mbps
- SD 480p: 3 Mbps (SD is not recommended)
While it's possible to mix formats between clips in a project, for best results, we recommend ensuring all clips in one project have the same size, resolution and encode settings.